Food Mistakes You've Been Making Your Whole Life
Do you struggle with certain foods or find prep to be exhausting? Here are some basic but useful tips that will change your life.
© Teaspoon of Spice
Peeling a mango is so easy with this clever trick! First take the mango and slice the cheeks off lengthwise, as close to the pit as possible. (Hint: the pit is quite flat and disc-like, not round like a stone fruit) Holding the cheek in your hand, slide it carefully down the side of a glass tumbler, catching the flesh in the cup. Easy! Click here for more info.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!