Top 10 mistakes that will ruin a homemade pizza
Pizza may be your favorite food but is yours as good as it could be? Stop making these 10 mistakes and you'll never order take-out again!
© Budget Bytes
Stretching your dough too thin
Getting your pizza dough just right can make you feel a bit like Goldilocks: too thick and it'll be more chewy than crispy, but too thin and it won't be able to support the toppings. To find that perfect balance, aim for at least 1/8 inch thick, like in this delicious recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
1 head broccoli
1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
¾ cup shredded cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan
9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft
- Place the broccoli in a blender
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Place a layer of Coppa ham
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.