Here's What Gingerbread Looks Like Around The World
There's more to this delicious holiday treat than just the Gingerbread Man. Sweet & spiced with everything nice, here's what it looks like around the world!
© A Treat's Affair
USA - Gingerbread House
Although gingerbread houses are rumored to have first popped up in Germany, following the release of Grimm's fairy tale "Hansel and Gretel," these decorative, (sometimes) edible creations have become an American craft ritual around Christmastime. We recommend having a gingerbread house making party, then keep your masterpiece as decoration until Christmas Day. Here's an impressive recipe to try.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!