Here's What Gingerbread Looks Like Around The World
There's more to this delicious holiday treat than just the Gingerbread Man. Sweet & spiced with everything nice, here's what it looks like around the world!
© A Treat's Affair
USA - Gingerbread House
Although gingerbread houses are rumored to have first popped up in Germany, following the release of Grimm's fairy tale "Hansel and Gretel," these decorative, (sometimes) edible creations have become an American craft ritual around Christmastime. We recommend having a gingerbread house making party, then keep your masterpiece as decoration until Christmas Day. Here's an impressive recipe to try.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.