23 Decadent Desserts You Can Make With Your Favorite Candy
Candy enthusiasts, unite! This collection of confectionery masterpieces shows you how to turn 23 of your favorite bonbons into dessert.
© Kirbie's Cravings
Kit Kat Cake
If you've never tried pairing strawberries with Kit Kat, you're about to experience a sugary awakening! This dessert features a chocolate cake and mousse interior, a Kit Kat cage exterior, and strawberries and apricot glaze on top. Try the recipe!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!