Butter chicken recipes - 6 recipes
Even though you wouldn't think so from the name, butter chicken is actually an authentic Indian dish. My butter chicken recipe took me a very long time to perfect, and in the end I owe it all to my husband. But after many trials and errors, butter chicken is my go-to dish, whether it's for a simple weeknight dinner or a fancy cocktail party. This classic Indian recipe is easy to make, full of flavor and yet not too spicy. For me, it's my ultimate comfort food. Butter chicken is made with leftover tandoori chicken that is then cooked in a creamy yogurt sauce, topped with fresh cilantro and served on top of rice. When eating butter chicken I like to overload on carbs, and go for rice and homemade flatbread. If you like your butter chicken very spicy, then make sure to serve it with extra yogurt on the side; the coolness of dairy helps put out the fire of spicy chilies
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Butter chicken recipes
Preheat oven to 375°
By Gitanjali Roche
This is really a recipe for shortcut butter chicken, but we still insist on calling it Tandoori Chicken
Take a pan and put some oil and ginger garlic
Wash and cut chicken into bite size pieces
Make chicken as in Tandoori chicken recipe
Cut onions and saute until brown