Veggie Gratin. Discover our recipe.
- 1 package of 14 oz peeled tomatoes in pieces
- 5 oz (about 2/3 the package) cream cheese
- A knob of butter
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 2 potatoes medium size firm flesh
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup cheese gratin
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the potatoes and eggplants into slices of 1/2 cm. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with coarse salt and let set. This will remove any bitterness. Cook the potatoes in point.
Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
Chop the onion and garlic, fry in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the tomatoes and bouillon cube. Simmer a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Place a thin layer of sliced potatoes in a lightly buttered baking dish, coat with a thin layer of cream cheese and pepper. Add a layer of well dried eggplant slices, add a pinch of finely chopped thyme then pour half the tomato sauce on the composition.
Repeat and finish with a thin layer of cheese to brown. Bake 30 minutes in the oven. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 4/5 (381 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM PUFFS 4/5 (126 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.9/5 (52 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.9/5 (46 Votes)
- Cauliflower Gratin with Bolognese... 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Eggplant parmesan 3.4/5 (117 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!