Basque Chicken, polenta with Black Olives
- 4 chicken wings
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 4 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red pepper
- scant 1/2 cup of olive oil
- scant 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2/3 cup of polenta
- 4 dl of milk
- 1 2/3 cups of olive oil
- seedless black olives
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Fry quickly the the chicken wings.
- Add the red pepper sliced, the garlic, the diced onion, the tomato and deglaze with white wine.
- Cook for 20 minutes, and add one glass of water when the juice is reduced in half.
- Dice the zucchini and cook them in a boiling salty water.
- Cool them in an ice bath.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them in quarters.
- Add them in the chicken dish and cook for 2 minutes.
Boil the milk with the olive oil and add the polenta to cook for 5 minutes. Add the olives and the parmesan cheese to finish.
Garnish the dinner plate with the polenta in the middle, the
chicken next. Then use the vegetables and the juice to decorate the plate.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!