Chicken Apple Chorizo Soup
This is an easy & super tasty recipe that you can make in the crock-pot. I know this may sound like a bit of an odd combination, but trust me, it is SO good!! The chorizo adds a nice hint of spice & the apples are hardly noticeable once it’s done… they do add a hint of sweetness though. It’s a really nice balance.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless
- skinless chicken breasts
- 32 oz. fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c yellow onion
- Approx. 3 stalks (193g) celery
- 3 medium carrots (268g)
- sliced into “coins”
- 3 small (430g) fuji apples
- 2 Chorizo sausages
- sliced into “coins” (I used Klement’s)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Add chicken broth, water, vinegar, & spices to the crock pot & stir.
Add chopped veggies, then chicken breast.
Add the remainder of the ingredients, cover, & cook on high for about 3-4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
Let cool slightly, then divide into 6 servings & freeze, or serving immediately. Freezes great & re-heats easily for a quick healthy lunch/dinner in a pinch.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1099 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (920 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 3.4/5 (342 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.2/5 (240 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (108 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4.2/5 (105 Votes)
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Here's how to make a quick and healthy sandwich wrap!