Walnut Crescent Cookies
Melt in your mouth walnut cookies perfect with a cup of tea
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar for dusting
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar together.
Add vanilla, nuts, and slowly work in flour.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Shape dough into small crescents, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden at edges.
Roll cookies in powdered sugar while still warm to coat.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1115 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (926 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Easy Original Cheeseball Recipe 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Apple Gorganzala Salad (copycat... 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!