Authentic Domplines (Puerto Rican Fried Dough)
A simple yet delicious dumpline to eat with a red bean dip
These Puerto Rican Domplines are absolutely delicious! A nice twist on other forms of dumplings, they make a perfect accompaniment to any saucy dish.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix together flour and baking powder.
Mix together butter, salt, and water. Slowly add to the flour while mixing with a wooden spoon until it forms a doughy consistency.
Knead the dough on a floured surface with clean hands.
Fill a cast iron skillet halfway with vegetable oil (usually about an inch). Heat until oil is very hot.
Tear off small balls of the dough, then press them into your palm until they are mini round patties. Drop them into the skillet and fry until golden.
Repeat until all the dough has been cooked. Remove and drain on paper towels or a rack.
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (916 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.4/5 (152 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4/5 (163 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (108 Votes)
- Pizza Dough 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!