Hot Baked Cinnamon Apples
These cinnamon apples taste like a cobbler or pie without the crust.
- 10 apples
- peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
Put apples in a non-stick pan; cover and place in the oven.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at least once every 15 minutes.
Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.
"It is remarkable how closely the history of the apple tree is connected with that of man."
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.