- 9 cups prepared Sushi Rice
- Imitation Crab meat
- ½ cucumbers
- 2 avocados
- 9 Nori sheets
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- Wasabi and Soy Sauce
- Bamboo Mat
- Plastic Wrap
- Sharp Knife
- Tezu ( ¼ cup water and 2 tsp vinegar)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut crab into bite size pieces. Cut cucumber so it is as long as the nori sheet and cut avocado in to quarter slices and chop. Cut 1/3 from each nori sheet will only use 2/3 sheet store the rest. Wrap bamboo mat in plastic wrap and prepare tezu.
Lay a piece of nori on bamboo mat shiney side down put about a cup of sushi rice dip your fingers in tezu and distribute rice evenly over nori sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Flip rice side down and line at the bottom of the bamboo mat lay strips of cucumber, avocado and crab meat along the nori sheet. Life the edge of the bamboo sheet and start rolling forward with light pressure. Take roll out of bamboo mat and cut in half and cut each half into 3 pieces.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!