It's like a homemade hot pocket!
- 1- package pre-made pizza dough
- 1- jar spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1- package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1- package sliced pepperoni (or any topping of choice)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375.
Unroll pizza dough, cut in half.
Spread sauce over each piece of dough.
Cover with a single layer of pepperoni or other topping you chose.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Roll topping covered dough from one end until it resembles a big burrito, pinch dough closed.
Tuck open ends under to close.
Place sealed side down on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Brush on some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle unbaked pizza rolls with cheese.
Place in oven to bake until golden brown (approx. 20 minutes).
Serve with a side of warm sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Could use freezer bread dough like Rhodes Bake and Serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
1 head broccoli
1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
¾ cup shredded cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan
9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft
- Place the broccoli in a blender
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Place a layer of Coppa ham
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.