Easy Bean and Pepper Chili
- 3 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 8 assorted color bell peppers
- 3 large onions
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 large or two medium cans whole peeled plum tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In large pot, brown meat in olive oil, drain liquid.
Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, stir well.
Add peeled tomatoes, stir well. Use spatula or large spoon to break up tomatoes. Add sliced peppers and onions (pot will be full), cover and cook over medium heat until peppers and onions soften.
Add chili powder, stir bottom to top to mix peppers & onions with meat.
Cover and continue to cook over medium heat for one hour.
Add kidney beans.
Cook at least another 45 minutes...the longer the better.
Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 4/5 (387 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (338 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.3/5 (159 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Taco Pie 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.