Easy Tex Mex meal using leftovers for a fast delish meal that the kids will love...you can get them to make this too!
Check out more delicious recipes from Tasty Delights
- 6 10" whole tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded roast chicken
- 1 jalapeño
- chopped fine or to taste
- 1 cup roasted vegetables (I used roasted fennel) use whatever vegetables you have leftover.
- 1/2 red pepper
- sliced long strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cup stewed tomato chunks in liquid
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 zucchini
- 5-8 cremini mushrooms (button can be used)
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a preheated medium sized sauce pot, add 2 tbsp EVOO, add the garlic, zucchini, jalapeño and mushrooms.
Stir to cook down, so that vegetables soften for 5 min.
Add tomatoes, salt and oregano. Bring to a boil stirring every few minutes. Then reduce heat to medium #5-6 and cook for 20 min. stirring every few minutes to prevent scorching.
In a small preheated skillet, add 1 tbsp EVOO and peppers. Cook on medium high heat, while stirring to soften the vegetables 3-5min. Turn off heat, leaving on the burner. To continue to cook while cooling.
Meanwhile in a large preheated skillet, brown both sides of the tortillas. Set aside.
Place a ladle of tomato sauce(no vegetables) on the bottom of a round casserole dish large enough to hold the tortillas.
Place one toasted tortilla in casserole dish. Add another ladle of sauce with vegetables. Add 1/5 of the chicken, 3-4 slivers of peppers, roasted vegetables, 2-4 dollops of cream cheese, distribute 1/5 of the cheese.
Top with another toasted tortilla and continue until all of the filling and tortillas are finished.
Top with a tortilla and sprinkle the remaining cheddar.
Bake for 30min in a preheated 350F
Slice into pie wedges and serve hot.
You can make the tomato sauce ahead of time and refrigerate up to 3 days in advance. Use cold when needed to make the pie...no need to warm it up.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1115 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 4/5 (254 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and rice... 4.6/5 (203 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- The southwestern tamale casserole... 4.3/5 (81 Votes)
- Easy Bean and Pepper Chili 4.1/5 (93 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who wants cheesy, delicious quesadillas for dinner?
- 16 Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- 4 Big tortillas
- 4 Handfuls of baby spinach
- Sprinkle of feta
- Grated cheddar
- Olive oil
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half.
- Lay out a quesadilla, and top with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, olives, feta and cheddar.
- Fold in half.
- Heat a pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook quesadilla on both sides, until golden.