Warm Brownie Pudding Cups
As a kid growing up in the 70′s, I remember begging my mom to make Jello® pudding all of the time. We were more likely to have Jello® gelatin (pudding’s less attractive sibling) for dessert, but that didn’t stop me from asking for butterscotch and chocolate pudding (my favorite flavors then). As a grown up with more sophisticated tastes, I created this recipe to have the satisfaction that only chocolate can deliver - along with the warmth of childhood memories.
Scrumptious brownie pudding cups. Discover our recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spray five 8-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Place a large baking pan half full of water in the oven to get warm.
In a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir the semisweet chocolate and butter until almost melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally.
In a medium bowl, sift together twice the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla until light and foamy. Add in sugar and beat until fluffy. Stir in the chocolate mixture, and then fold in dry ingredients.
Pour the batter evenly among the prepared ramekins, filling each nearly to the rim. Place the ramekins in the baking pan. The water should come halfway up the sides of ramekins.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until the brownie pudding cups have risen to just above the rim and the tops are cracked. They should be firm to the touch. Let them cool for 5 minutes, and then dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve the brownie pudding cups warm.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1114 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (926 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (348 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (119 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Dark chocolate fudge brownies with... 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Creme De'Mint Brownies 4.3/5 (64 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!