White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding
Leftover bread? No problem with this quick recipe you can have a great flaky, tender filled dessert with a surprise filling and crunchy sweet topping. This humble dessert adds decadence and sophistication to any Holiday Brunch
Leftover bread? No problem! With this quick recipe you can have a flaky, tender dessert with a surprise filling and crunchy sweet topping.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- room temp
- 6 2-3 day old croissants
- cut in half
- 1/2 cup marshmallow filling or 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 oz melted white chocolate
- 1 orange zested
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 1 cup milk or 35% cream
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup washed
- sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen Saskatoon berries (blueberries can be substituted)
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 tbsp. sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 cup chopped almonds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brush butter in a 8"x 8" casserole dish. Set aside
Stir marshmallow filling and melted chocolate together
drizzle chocolate on one open side of a croissant and sandwich with mini marshmallows.
Continue filling each croissant until filling is finished.
Place croissants in casserole dish so they fit tightly.
Sprinkle berries around, between and tuck some pieces inside the bread.
Blend cream, condensed milk, orange zest, eggs, and vanilla together. Pour over bread evenly.
Allow to soak for 2-3 hrs. covered and refrigerated.
This can be made up to 1 night ahead of time.
Preheat oven to 350F
When ready to bake, sprinkle with streusel ingredients and bake covered with foil for 1/2 hr. then, uncover and continue baking in oven for another 20 - 25 min. until top is golden and bubbly.
Serve with extra cream or ice-cream!
Can be made 1 day ahead
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (349 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.7/5 (322 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (119 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!