White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding
Leftover bread? No problem with this quick recipe you can have a great flaky, tender filled dessert with a surprise filling and crunchy sweet topping. This humble dessert adds decadence and sophistication to any Holiday Brunch
Leftover bread? No problem! With this quick recipe you can have a flaky, tender dessert with a surprise filling and crunchy sweet topping.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- room temp
- 6 2-3 day old croissants
- cut in half
- 1/2 cup marshmallow filling or 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 oz melted white chocolate
- 1 orange zested
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 1 cup milk or 35% cream
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup washed
- sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen Saskatoon berries (blueberries can be substituted)
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 tbsp. sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 cup chopped almonds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brush butter in a 8"x 8" casserole dish. Set aside
Stir marshmallow filling and melted chocolate together
drizzle chocolate on one open side of a croissant and sandwich with mini marshmallows.
Continue filling each croissant until filling is finished.
Place croissants in casserole dish so they fit tightly.
Sprinkle berries around, between and tuck some pieces inside the bread.
Blend cream, condensed milk, orange zest, eggs, and vanilla together. Pour over bread evenly.
Allow to soak for 2-3 hrs. covered and refrigerated.
This can be made up to 1 night ahead of time.
Preheat oven to 350F
When ready to bake, sprinkle with streusel ingredients and bake covered with foil for 1/2 hr. then, uncover and continue baking in oven for another 20 - 25 min. until top is golden and bubbly.
Serve with extra cream or ice-cream!
Can be made 1 day ahead
You'll also love
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 3.4/5 (342 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 3.7/5 (307 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (199 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (119 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)