A spicy southindian gravy made with spices and eggs
- boiled eggs - 4
- onion - 1 large
- coconut - 1/4 cup ground paste
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tea spoon
- ural dal -1/4 tea spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 tea spoon
- bay leaf -1
- anistar - 1
- Oil -4 tea spoons
- To grind:
- ginger - 1 inch piece
- garlic - 3-4 gloves (The one I used are little big in size)
- Tomato -2 medium
- To roast and grind:
- channa dal - 1 table spoon
- coriander seeds - 1 table spoon
- Red Chilies - 3 (It was medium spicy
- you can increase the numbers to your personal taste)
- Pepper - 4-5
- cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- cinnamon - 1 small piece
- clove- 3-4
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Boil the eggs, remove the shell and make slight cuts to the eggs and keep away.
2. In a kadai or sauce pan, heat 3 tea spoons of oil and add mustard seeds, urad dal, fennel seeds, anistar and bay leaves and let them fry for a minute.
3. then add the chopped onions and saute it until they become golden brown. (Took almost 5-6 mins for me)
4. Add the ground paste of tomato, ginger and garlic.
5. mix them well and saute untill the raw smell of ginger, garlic and tomato leaves.(too about 8 mins in medium flame)
6. Then add the powdered mix of roasted ingredients and mix them well...
7. Now it will get thickened, then add 1.5 to 2 cups of water.
8. Let it boil well and cook the onions and tomato gravy...
9. When you get the required consistency add the ground coconut paste to it. Mix well
10. Add the Eggs and simmer the flame for 5 minutes then switch off.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.3/5 (114 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (107 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Angel hair pasta with shrimp,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Coconuts are forever reminiscent of the summer, the sun and the sea. With our video we show you the easiest way to crack open a coconut, and before you know it you'll be whisked away to white sand beaches!