WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for Breadmakers
100% whole wheat bread with ground flax
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 room temperature egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax
- 3/4 tsp bread machine yeast
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 3mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix first 5 ingredients together and put in the bread machine pan.
Sprinkle the flour and flax on top of the ingredients already in the pan. Do not mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
Make a small "well" in the flour mixture and put the yeast in the "well".
Put the pan into the breadmaker and select "white" bread setting and 1lb loaf.
I only use whole wheat "bread" flour as it has more gluten and makes a much lighter loaf of bread.
Since I always make my own bread in the bread machine, I measure my flour and ground flax into zip-loc sandwich bags and store them in the freezer. This saves time when I need to bake a loaf of bread. Just be sure that the flour mixture is at room temperature when you use it.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (224 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 4/5 (168 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (113 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (118 Votes)
- Sweet Bread Machine Challah 4/5 (117 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (108 Votes)
- Tirunelveli halwa with whole wheat 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you love baking then you probably find yourself using a piping bag quite often. In this video we show you the easiest way to fill a piping bag, without all the mess!