Mama Jean's Lumpia Shanghai
- Lumpia wrappers
- Ground pork (1 package)
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 2 Celery
- 1 Egg
- Damp towel cloth
- Small bowl of water
- Cooking oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grate the carrots, onion, celery and chop the parsley and garlic
Place the ground pork in a large bowl. Place the grated and chopped vegetables. Add egg. Mix the ingredients in the bowl with hands until it is well incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste
Open the wrapper package and place a damp towel cloth on top to prevent the wrappers from drying
Place a teaspoon of the pork mixture in one wrapper and follow the wrapping directions on the back of the package. Dip your finger in a bowl of water to seal the end of each wrapper
Once finished wrapping, heat oil in a medium pot and deep fry the wrappers for about 7 minutes
Place cooked wrappers in a plate covered by a paper towel
Serve and enjoy while it is hot!
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (924 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (353 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Cold Fish Buffet - Lobster Platter 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!