Pav bajji - bread
- all purpose Flour 3.5 Cup
- Yeast 3.5 Grams = 1 & 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 Teaspoons
- Sugar 1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter 3.5 Teaspoons
- Water Warm 1.75 Cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Add 1&1/4 tsp yeast and 1tsp sugar to Warm water -1& 3/4 cup of 105 - 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Yeast starts bubbling up.
let it stand for 5 minutes ie, until the yeast is activated and the mixture is frothy.
In a bowl mix 3 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1tsp salt, butter and the milk-yeast mixture. Make a soft dough and cover the bowl with kitchen towel for 3 hours or until the dough becomes double its volume.
Brush the pan with olive oil and spread the dough equally round, place the rolls in the pan .
Cover and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to an hour.
Bake at 400f for 20-30 minutes, until the bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with fingers.
Remove, let cool.coat it with oil or butter.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (115 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (118 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
- Mango Chutney (Mango Relish, Aam... 4.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Pav bajji gravy 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Bread bajji 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!