Moong Daal Recipe
One of the easiest and healthy snack for your tea time
- Moong Daal -1 cup
- rice - 2 tea spoon
- urad daal - 2 tea spoon
- Onions - 1/2 a big onion or 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green chili - 1 or 2 (as per your spice level) (finely chopped)
- Perungayam - 2-3 pinches
- salt - to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- curry leaves - a few (finely chopped)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1. Soak Moong daal, rice and urad daal for 2 hours.
2. Drain water completely, and keep it aside for 30 mins to 1 hour.
3. In a mixer, grind them all together coarsely without adding water.
4. Add finely chopped items, salt and perungayam to the coarsely ground paste.
5.heat oil in kadai, and deep fry the pakodas untill they are golden brown.
6.Serve with your tea or as it is.
1. Keeping aside for 30 mins after draining water will help the daal to dry a little, and it will not drink much oil while frying.
2. make small sized pakodas so it will be more crunchy.
3. I didnt chop the green chilies finely, because if it is visible, then my daughter can skip it without eating, . If your kids can eat spicy, you can add finely chopped, otherwise make it to little big pieces, so while eating they can discard.
4. You can add a piece of ginger while grinding, or you can add finely chopped ginger while adding onions. This will give some extra flavor to pakodas.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Angel hair pasta with shrimp,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Ven pongal 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Rava Kichidi Chennai Style 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd &... 2.9/5 (121 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!