Snake gourd Raitha
An alternate healthy raitha for regualr onion or cucumber raitha. Raitha is nothing but a dish made with curd and any veg, it will be a best side dish for briyani or other variety rices.
- Raw snake gourd- 3/4 of a cup (finely chopped)
- Beaten Curd - 1/2 cup
- salt - a pinch
- pepper powder - 1 pinch
- To temper: (Optional)
- Oil - 1 tea spoon
- mustard seeds
- urad dal -1/2 tea spoon each
- peanuts- 1 tea spoon
- curry leaves- a few
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
1. Wash and peel off the skin of snake gourd, and in a bowl take 3/4th of a cup finely chopped snake gourd.
2. beat the curd well and add it to the snack gourd
3. add required salt and mix well.
(do not add water, the veg itself will leave some water, still if that consistency is too thick, add a tea spoon of water to it)
4. If you like to temper, preheat oil in a tadka pan and add peanuts, mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves one by one.
5.Then add this mix to the raitha.
6.Before serving add a pinch of pepper and serve.
1.Tempering it is purely optional, But I suggest to temper it with peanuts, which will give you a crunchy bite.
2. A tea spoon of grated coconut can be added.If you like add it to raitha before tempering.
This suits well for chapathi and briyani
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (115 Votes)
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.8/5 (136 Votes)
- Baby's First Sundae 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Briyani with Yogurt Raita 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- The Indian Raita recipe 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!