Snake gourd Raitha
An alternate healthy raitha for regualr onion or cucumber raitha. Raitha is nothing but a dish made with curd and any veg, it will be a best side dish for briyani or other variety rices.
- Raw snake gourd- 3/4 of a cup (finely chopped)
- Beaten Curd - 1/2 cup
- salt - a pinch
- pepper powder - 1 pinch
- To temper: (Optional)
- Oil - 1 tea spoon
- mustard seeds
- urad dal -1/2 tea spoon each
- peanuts- 1 tea spoon
- curry leaves- a few
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
1. Wash and peel off the skin of snake gourd, and in a bowl take 3/4th of a cup finely chopped snake gourd.
2. beat the curd well and add it to the snack gourd
3. add required salt and mix well.
(do not add water, the veg itself will leave some water, still if that consistency is too thick, add a tea spoon of water to it)
4. If you like to temper, preheat oil in a tadka pan and add peanuts, mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves one by one.
5.Then add this mix to the raitha.
6.Before serving add a pinch of pepper and serve.
1.Tempering it is purely optional, But I suggest to temper it with peanuts, which will give you a crunchy bite.
2. A tea spoon of grated coconut can be added.If you like add it to raitha before tempering.
This suits well for chapathi and briyani
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (111 Votes)
- Baby's First Sundae 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.8/5 (124 Votes)
- Chicken Briyani with Yogurt Raita 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- The Indian Raita recipe 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!