Dosai made with Red kidney beans, rice and spices
- Rajma - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/4 cup (or a hand ful)
- Salt - as per taste
- oil- as required to prepare dosai
- To Temper:
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Urad daal - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Perungayam / hing - 2 pinches
- red chilies - 2
- curry leaves - a few
- Oil - 1 tea spoon (to temper only)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Soak Rajma and rice separately for overnight or for 8-10 hours.
2. Drain water and rinse it once with cold water.
3. In a blender / mixer grind Rajma and rice together. Add water as required.
4. Keep batter in dosa batter consistency.
5. Temper the batter with the listed items.
6. Heat the dosa pan and pour a spoonful of batter and spread to a thin crepe.
7. Cook well on both sides
8. Serve with your favorite chutney.
1. It is must to cook well on both the sides, until they become golden brown and crispy. (approx takes 2-3 mins on each side, depends on the dosai thickness)
2. You can add chopped onions and chilies to get more flavored dosai.
3. For whole grain dosai, If it is not cooked properly, you will get indigestion.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (404 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.3/5 (130 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Red Bean Soup 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something that's melt-in-your-mouth-good? Look no further.
1 cup of dark chocolate
3 cups of semi-skim milk
3/5 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of egg whites
1/4 cup of brown sugar