- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 water
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Rinse berries, set aside.
In saucepan, stir water, sugar and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Stir in berries and let boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Beat butter and sugar together then add egg.
In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt.
Stir flour mixture into butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Add milk.
Mix until well blended.
Pour berry mixture into 1 1/2 quart baking dish and pour dough mixture on top.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Serve with icecream.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1115 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (926 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (411 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Chocolate Covered Raspberries 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Raspberry Limeade Ice Pops 3.8/5 (88 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!