Delicious Homemade Dinky Donuts
The mini sweet goodness!!
These homemade dinky donuts are delicious breakfast desserts. Fill with jelly, cream, or chocolate, and decorate with sprinkles, sugar, flavored frostings, etc.
- •2 cups self-raising flour
- •2 tablespoon melted butter
- •2 eggs
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •1 cup maas
- •1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat sugar and eggs together
Sift all the dry ingredients together.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together in a mixer.
If dough is too soft add extra flour little at a time until a sticky but manageable dough is formed.
Knead dough into a soft manageable dough.
Heat oil on medium-high
Roll dough on a floured surface, cut with a donut cutter.
Fry until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Roll in cinnamon sugar or vanilla sugar. Or frost with preferred frosting. Decorate with colored vermicelli/ chopped nuts/ coconut or grated chocolate.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1111 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (924 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 3.4/5 (344 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (138 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (108 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.