Delicious Homemade Dinky Donuts
The mini sweet goodness!!
These homemade dinky donuts are delicious breakfast desserts. Fill with jelly, cream, or chocolate, and decorate with sprinkles, sugar, flavored frostings, etc.
- •2 cups self-raising flour
- •2 tablespoon melted butter
- •2 eggs
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •1 cup maas
- •1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat sugar and eggs together
Sift all the dry ingredients together.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together in a mixer.
If dough is too soft add extra flour little at a time until a sticky but manageable dough is formed.
Knead dough into a soft manageable dough.
Heat oil on medium-high
Roll dough on a floured surface, cut with a donut cutter.
Fry until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Roll in cinnamon sugar or vanilla sugar. Or frost with preferred frosting. Decorate with colored vermicelli/ chopped nuts/ coconut or grated chocolate.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1433 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1118 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (927 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (139 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (108 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!