It's hard to go wrong with this recipe. I used just what I had in the refrigerator, but it would be nice with the addition of some greens or extra fresh herbs. Feel free to experiment!
You can't go wrong with this delicious dish!
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package button mushrooms
- Cheese - I used a mixture of cheddar and parmesan because that's what I had on hand.
- breadcrumbs - I had some homemade from an old baguette mixed with a little parmesan
- garlic and chives
- Garnish (make it pretty)
- Crumbled bacon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cut your eggplant in half and scoop out the flesh but leave the outside intact. I boiled the two halves in water for a little over 5 minutes (because I was feeling impatient and didn't want to bake it 40 minutes). Chop up the eggplant insides and boil in same water until soft. Drain.
Heat oven to 350°
Fry bacon in a pan and let drain.
In the same pan, fry onion until almost translucent.
Add garlic, then mushrooms. When mushrooms are cooked add boiled and drained eggplant flesh. Mix and season to taste.
Lay eggplant on a cookie sheets.
Layer cheese then filling inside the eggplant vessels. Top with bread crumbs and bake for 20 minutes until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Top with garnishes of your choice. I used crumbled bacon, chives and parsley.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 3.4/5 (342 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.3/5 (107 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (118 Votes)
- better than sex chicken 4.7/5 (60 Votes)
- Sweetbreads with chanterelles and... 3.5/5 (174 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.