- 1) 1 small green cabbage - few outer layers removed (washed and cut into thin slices)
- 2) Frozen peas - 1 cup
- 3) 2 tomatoes cut into small pieces (or 1/2 can tomato)
- 4) ginger paste 1 tbsp
- 5)Bay leaf 2 small leaves
- 6)Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 7)Cumin powder 2 tsp
- 8)Coriander powder 1 tsp
- 9)Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- 10)Garam masala 1 tsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1) Boil the cut up cabbage in pressure cooker with 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric for 1 whistles.
2)Add oil in pan, add bay leaf, cumin seeds, let it sizzle in oil for few seconds.Add ginger paste, and mix till raw flavor goes away 1-2 minutes.Add tomatoes,cook till soft and mushy 3-4 minutes.
3)Add cumin powder, corianderpowder, turmeric, green chillies (approx 2 cut into small pieces- optiona)l.Add salt, little sugar( a pinch). Saute. Now add the frozen green peas, followed by thedrained boiled cabbage.Mix well.Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.Add garam masala powder and 1 tsp ghee before switching off the stove.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (404 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala 4/5 (50 Votes)
- Coriander Channa Pulao 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.