Mom's Swiss Steak
An easy crock pot recipe that can cook all day, and be ready for dinner.
- 1 family pack cubed steak (about 4-6 pieces)
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 2 jars Prego Garden Variety spaghetti sauce
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 C flour
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Slice onions and peppers. Place tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, onions, and peppers into crock pot. Season steaks with salt and pepper and then roll in flour and brown on stove top.
Once steaks are brown, add them to the crock pot and allow to simmer for 2 hours or longer. The longer they stay in the pot, the more tender they will be.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (393 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.3/5 (107 Votes)
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Meatloaf 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.3/5 (118 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.