FABULOUS Pho. Discover our recipe.
- 4 lbs Beef Soup Bones
- 1/2 Onion
- 5 slices Ginger
- 1 Tbp Salt
- 2 pods Star Anise
- 2 1/2 Tbo Fish Sauce
- 4 quarts Water
- 1 (8 ounce) package Dried Rice Noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef Top Sirloin (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbp Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 1 Lime (cut into 4 wedges)
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup Chile-Garlic Sauce (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Place beef bones on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven until browned (approx 1 hour).
Place onion on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven until blackened and soft (approx 45 mins).
Place bones, onion, ginger, salt, star anise, and fish sauce in a large stockpot and cover with 4 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer on low for 6-10 hours. Strain the broth into a saucepan and set aside.
Place rice noodles in large bowl filled with room temperature water and allow to soak for 1 hour. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and after noodles have soaked, place them in the boiling water for 1 min. Bring stock to a simmer.
Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls; top with sirloin, cilantro, and green onion. Pour hot broth over top. Stir and let sit until beef is partially cooked and no longer pink, 1 to 2 mins. Serve with bean sprouts, Thai basil, lime wedges, hoisin sauce, and chile-garlic sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 4/5 (388 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (161 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (60 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.