A refreshing recipe for TUNA TATAKI
Give yourself a taste of the ocean with this mouthwatering tuna recipe that's super easy to make!
- 1) 1 tuna loin (sashimi grade)
- 2) 1 small daikon radish
- 3) 1 bottle of ponzu sauce
- 4) sesame oil
- 5) silvered garlic (fried)
- 6) scallions
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
1) Lightly season tuna loin and oil
2) Sear on each side to give it colour, wrap and chill
1) Slice garlic into silvers and place on towel and air dry in refrigerator.
2) Flash fry in hot oil, cool and fry again to crisp up, set aside to cool.
3) Cut daikon into cylinders, slowly unroll using speed peeler.
4) Slice into thin strands and place in ice water.
5) Silver scallions length-wise and place in ice water.
1) Take daikon strands and place at bottom of dish.
2) Slice tuna thinly and lay on top of the daikon
3) Scatter fried garlic silvers with some scallion silvers.
4) Pour ponzu along the bottom.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (404 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!