LEEK & POTATO SOUP
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 medium potatoes diced (3 russets / 3 yukon gold)
- 3 large leeks
- washed & sliced thinly
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the potatoes & onions until softened.
Add the chicken or vegetable stock and water and bring to a boil.
Turn down and simmer until vegetables are cooked (about 15 minutes).
Remove from heat and with an immersion blender, puree half the mixture.
Gradually stir in the milk, lemon juice, salt & pepper and return to heat stirring often until hot & ready to serve.
This soup freezes well. Makes a great side dish or starter on a cold day.
The mix of white / yellow flesh potatoes add a splash of colour.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 4/5 (388 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (75 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Dad's Potato Salad 3.9/5 (94 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.