These are the sweet 'n' sour spare ribs you've been waiting for all your life!
A classic BBQ favorite with an Asian twist! Full recipe HERE.
- 1 pound button bone spareribs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 heaping tablespoons cornstarch mixed in cold water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut ribs in small separate pieces, add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, salt to taste and flour. Fry in hot grease in a deep-fryer until crisp and brown. Remove from fryer.
Prepare sauce by mixing water, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a frying pan.
Cook over high heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Mix in spareribs and serve. For added flavor, add a little sweet pickle juice and sweet pickles.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 4/5 (382 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Jeremie's Crepe Batter 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork... 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy spring rolls 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.