- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 beaten egg white
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cook 3/4 cup scant sugar with 1 cup water until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 tsp salt, 1 mashed banana, 1/4 cup orange juice, and 3 tbsp lemon juice. Pour into ice cube trays or a casserole dish and freeze until mushy. Remove from freezer. Fold in 1 beaten egg white. Refreeze until mostly firm. Once frozen, turn into chilled bowl.
Beat until light and fluffy, then refreeze. Add 1 package of frozen strawberries, or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, nuts, or peanut butter if desired.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1099 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (920 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (348 Votes)
- Pizza Dough 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.3/5 (118 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Torte 3.9/5 (42 Votes)
- Banana Trifle 4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
The only annoying thing about bananas is how quickly they ripen. Have you ever noticed that they also tend to make all the other fruits and vegetables around them ripen faster too? In this video we teach you how to get your bananas to last longer!