Puerto Rican Domplines
Fried Puerto Rican Dumplings
Domplines: Puerto Rican Fried Dough. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a large pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients together. When mixed, slowly add luke-warm water and keep mixing.
Once the mixture turns into a dough, cover it with a tea towel and let sit in a warm place for half an hour.
When the dough is ready, divide and roll into small balls. Fry until golden and dust with crystal sugar.
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (926 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (357 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (170 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (139 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!