Simple Green Smoothie (Green Wonder)
I bought some food pouches 2 weeks ago and was wondering what I could blend together for preparing a healthy AND delicious food for my kids. And so tried different things, but always fruit. Today I tried a mixture of veggie and fruits, and TATAAA, it worked so well and my babe loves it!
- 1 peeled and seeded pear
- 1 peeled and seeded apple (granny smith)
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach (or even frozen leaf spinach)
- 150ml orange juice (I choose mild one)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Put everything in your mixer and blend it very well
- Ready to serve in a glass, bottle with a wide nipple or in a food pouch so that the baby can eat alone. It will love it!!
If possible go with your kids to the local farmers market to buy the ingredients for your food. It is fun, interesting and so good to get them to eat the healthy things.
You'll also love
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Microwave Baked Apples in a Bag 3.6/5 (210 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame 5/5 (60 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Lychee Milk Tea 4.1/5 (93 Votes)
- Tropical Green Smoothie 4/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!