Lovely little popovers that are great served as a side, or in place of bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup butter
- bacon fat or beef drippings
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the flour and the salt. Make a well in the middle, slowly drizzle in the milk while whisking. Add the eggs one by one and keep whisking.
Add the water, beat until light and frothy. Let rest for 1 hour on the kitchen counter.
Preheat oven to 400F. In a muffin pan, pour the butter or lard to half fill the muffin cups. Put in the oven until the fat is sizzling, then remove and add the batter on top of the fat, filling the muffin cup. Bake for about 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (113 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.6/5 (158 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.4/5 (169 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you love baking then you probably find yourself using a piping bag quite often. In this video we show you the easiest way to fill a piping bag, without all the mess!