Deep fried dough from Puerto Rico, served with black beans!
Puerto Rican fried dough domplines. Discover our recipe.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 onion
- garlic powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to season
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
Add the water to the flour mixture, blending until you have a dough. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
Divide the dough into 16 small round balls. Flatten them with a rolling pin or shape them into whatever form you like.
Drop them into a deep fryer with very hot oil. Fry for about 1 minute. Dust with salt when they're still hot.
While the dough is frying, in a small saucepan fry the onion, add the black beans, garlic powder and a bit of water. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serve the domplines with the black bean sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (916 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (338 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (165 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.6/5 (158 Votes)
- Black eyed pea fritters 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Poppycock 3.5/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!