Roll your way to strawberry shortcake paradise
This pretty rolled cake puts strawberries in the spotlight where they belong. It's perfect for a sweet catch-up with the girls!
For 6 to 8 people
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- About 2 tablespoons slightly salted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups small strawberries + a few strawberries for serving
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the syrup: 4 tablespoons sugar cane syrup and 2 tablespoons water
1 damp dish towel
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.