Desk Snacks! Healthy treats that don't need refrigerating
No refrigerator at work? No problem. Keep these desk-friendly snacks on hand to combat the afternoon munchies.
Popcorn is salty, moreish and reminds you of being a kid at the movies. And it turns out: it's pretty good for you! Plain popcorn contains very few calories and quite a lot of fiber. Look for low sodium popcorn options, and avoid the caramel-coated stuff at all costs.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!