The Best Picnic Recipes From Around the Globe
Stumped for picnic ideas? See how the rest of the world does it with this roundup of irresistible recipes.
© Spice Up The Curry
Bombay Sandwiches - India
Found all over Mumbai (once known as Bombay), no Indian picnic is complete without this vegetarian sandwich. By far the most popular picnic take-along, they are packed with mint coriander chutney, ketchup, potato, masala, onion, tomato, beetroot and more masala! The trick to keeping it authentic is using high-quality white sliced bread and roasting your own spices. Get the step-by-step guide here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!