20 Old Fashioned Diner Classics
The diner is THE American cultural icon. Do you still remember the taste of chocolate milkshakes and corned beef hash? These old school recipes will take you back!
Steak Fingers © A Slice of Southern
These Old Fashioned Steak Fingers with Fries and Milk Gravy Dipping Sauce will recall many happy memories. Get the recipe here!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture