Gluten-free Flours To Add To Your Baking Pantry
Flour serves as the basis for a number of foods, including bread, pastries, and other baked items. Unfortunately for those of us who can't tolerate gluten, many of these wheat-based produced are off limits. Thankfully, alternative flours exist for anyone who suffers from celiac disease or other forms of gluten sensitivity.
Buckwheat flour is a great option for those who are looking for a tasty alternative to wheat. Contrary to popular belief, buckwheat isn't a grain at all! It's actually a seed from the rhubarb family, making it rich in plant proteins, fiber, and minerals. Buckwheat flour has a nutty flavor and is best used in pancakes, breads, and muffins.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.