The Secret History Behind Your Favorite Food Mascots
From Colonel Sanders to Toucan Sam, here's everything you didn't know about the faces of your beloved food brands.
KFC'S Colonel Sanders
You may know him as the jolly old man smiling at you from the side of your deluxe bucket of fried chicken, but Colonel Sanders was an actual human being! Harland David Sanders was an American restaurateur, best known for the KFC fast food chain which started out as a roadside chicken joint and now spans the entire globe! Contrary to popular belief, Sanders was never a military officer — the Kentucky mayor granted him the honorary "Colonel" title in the 1930s.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.