America's 30 Best Lobster Rolls
Nothing screams summer more than a fresh and hearty lobster roll. Fulfill your crustacean cravings at the best lobster roll joints across the United States!
© Instagram - @live_fitly
Five Islands Lobster Co. (Georgetown, Maine)
It would be a sin not to start this list in the lobster capital of the world: Maine. Located on an active fishing wharf, Five Islands Lobster Co. only serves lobsters that are fresh from the sea. You eat them on a toasted bun with just a little bit of mayo, lettuce, and a side of chips. Combined with the magnificent harbor views, it's sure to be an unforgettable lobster roll experience.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.