Quick And Easy Versions of Julia Child's Most Iconic Dishes
French cuisine is unlike anything else in the world, and no one cooks it better than Julia Child. Here's the easy way to make her most famous recipes!
© Joyful Healthy Eats
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
The classic boeuf bourguignon becomes absolutely effortless with the help of your slow cooker. Simply brown the chuck roast in a large skillet before adding beef stock and red wine. Throw the meat into a slow cooker along with herbs, carrots and mushrooms. Voilà! It's the ultimate French comfort food.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!