50 Family-Friendly Recipes For Meatless Mondays
Get on top of your Meatless Monday game with these 50 vegetarian recipes the whole family will love!
© Wendy Polisi
Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
The dense “meaty” texture of eggplant makes it your secret ally when feeding vegetarian food to anyone who usually prefers meat. In this great recipe, rounds of eggplant are dipped in a cheesy, breadcrumb batter before being layered in the slow cooker with lots of sauce and mozzarella cheese.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!