10 Delicious Heirloom Recipes to Pass Down
Certain recipes will stand the test of time. Let these 10 find their way into your family recipe book!
© Call Me Betty
There's nothing quite like the sound or smell of fresh bread. Every culture around the world has their own variation, whether they're steamed, fried or baked. Bread is the perfect vehicle for sauces, butter, leftovers and more, yet it also stands tall on its own. Its timelessness makes it essential to a family recipe book. Try this recipe for fresh French bread rolls.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.