26 Sandwiches Decadent Enough for Dinner
Sandwiches aren't just for lunch anymore!
© My Name is Yeh
Labneh Grilled Cheese
This recipe puts a twist on the timeless grilled cheese and tomato soup combo. Labneh, a Middle Eastern classic that's similar to an even smoother cream cheese, features in this grilled cheese. This sandwich also incorporates za'atar seasoning and a blend of cheeses for an incredibly creamy sandwich. Here's the recipe.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.