10 Fruits and Veggies Worth Buying at the Farmers Market
Buy local, eat better!
Strawberries regularly top the list of produce with the most pesticides, but buying local strawberries can help you cut down on the amount of chemicals you consume. Because pesticides are also used to preserve fruits and veggies as they travel long distances, the ones at your local farmers market typically won't have that particular pesticide present. No matter where they come from, always be sure to wash your strawberries well.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!